- A deep understanding of how the Web works, from client requests to server-side handling and front-end rendering.
- Experince in making web applicaiton products and mobile application products.
- MEAN stack (Mongo, Express, Angular, Node)
- REST services and best practices.
- Experience with running AWS, Node Servers, Building web and mobile apps.
- Additional experience with databases (MySQL) and MongoDB highly desired.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, distributed environment is crucial.
- Excellent communication skills to convert the requirements and product designs into code structure.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Objective: To conceptualize data and technology tools relevant for the development sector and manage the process of its development. Also work on creating data insights on developmental and public policy issues with a focus on providing knowledge support to policy makers and informing public discourse.
- Client (MP, District Collectors, Philanthropy Partners and Other district and state level Government Officers) Interaction for understanding their problems.
- Conceptualizing data and technology tools for solving some of these real world problems.
- Designing the technology workflow of envisaged solutions.
- Secondary data research and developing info graphics for social media.
- Analyzing and interpreting Open Government Data sets to identify patterns and creating data insights for providing evidence based inputs to various stakeholders and policymakers through Swaniti’s Jigyasa portal.
- Creating data packages for standardized and customized research output for use of Members of Parliament, Members of Legislative Assembly and Civil Servants.
- Conceptualize and create standalone data visualizations and info graphics on development and governance issues for dissemination to media outlets and general public.
- Designing and creating a structured data repository on sectors and indicators with sustained updating and verification mechanism.
- Creating and writing media content based on analysis and contextualization of open source data.
- Analyzing and interpreting primary level data for Swaniti’s micro planning projects to prioritise development projects.
- If needed provide inputs for knowledge consultations and/or the Jigyasa platform.
- The Product Developer will be expected to have a demonstrated record of being a ‘problem solver’ with ability to analyse big data, and commitment to working on policy and developmental challenges in India.
- At least 2 years of active work experience in the public or private sector with a role dealing directly with handling data.
- Past experience in development sector or consultancies with proven records of problem solving.
- Thorough understanding of technology and product development cycle.
- Post-graduate/Professional degree in any field with courses in Statistics, Econometric or any other data-related subjects. Those with computer science or advanced degrees will be given preference.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel and ability to write complex Macros.
- Sound knowledge of government policies, initiatives and mechanisms.
- Critical mind with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills, along with good people skills and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work with passion, commitment and dedication as a part of a larger team working to strengthen governance.
Ank Aha is looking for an creative UI/UX designer with 1-3 years of UX design experience.
Role and Responsibilities:
1. Work with the Data and product team to transform complex user needs and business requirements into intuitive and elegant user-centric design solutions
2. Creative problem solving – identifying the problems, solutionize them and present multiple approaches to solve it
3. Plan and execute user research, deploy all the tools in your arsenal to understand user motivations, habits, and workflows
4. Experience with design techniques, user research and strong knowledge of user-centered design processes and design thinking methodology
5. Excellent skills in developing wireframes, user stories, user journeys and prototypes
6. Ability to work in an agile and highly collaborative, work environment with product owners and developers to design experiences that are technologically feasible and meet the business and user needs
7. Excellent portfolio showcasing design solutions and strategic approaches
8. Experience with design software and tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe suite, Invision, Axure, etc.
9. Strong soft skills (personal leadership, autonomy & teamwork)
10. Fluent English (both oral and written)
12. Able to create infographics, design icons and visual graphics
Ankaha is working with a number state and central government bodies to bring tangible change in administration’s ability to utilize data in policy and development decision making. AnkAha has published mobile apps, data dashboards and visualizations to achieve its goals. AnkAha is using the latest technologies and tools to build these new products and it continues to explore new avenues to make governance more effective!
We are a smallish team of problem solvers who want to add others passionate individuals to solve the most difficult problems in India by leveraging technology. It is exciting to see change created at scale due to our efforts. You can bring your tech skills to be part of this change. Come join us in this journey! So if you get goosebumps even thinking about being part of a fast-paced company spearheading change at the grass roots in India, it’s time for us to meet.
Who are we looking for?
We need a bright, talented engineer who is excited about the potential AnkAha and Swaniti have to genuinely change India. This roles are perfect for experienced developers/data scientists/engineers who are interested in helping us build our New Delhi based engineering team. You will work on projects that will make an impact on a national level by informing and educating the citizens and policy makers of the country with the development and policy tools to catalyze change. Your projects will also create change at regional levels with field technology solution across different Indian states.
We have aggressive growth goals, so the ability to lead a team and think through problems is really important. You will be challenged to push the limits of your respective domain. You should be passionate about mobile and the opportunities it offers; imaginative about where you see big-data, analytics, mobile and wearables are heading and should be excited about delivering the highest quality interactive experiences anywhere in the world.
We like our team to be comfortable with a wide range of technologies, be able to pick up new ones easily and also eager to suggest new ideas based on understanding of our current work.
What do we offer in return?
- competitive salary and benefits
- generous paid vacation days
- collaboration at all levels of the business
- the chance to work with – and drive the use of – the newest technology
- our common lunches with the whole team & free snack and beverages
- team outings and events
- great colleagues and atmosphere.
- enriching discussions around politics and development.